26 May PREVISE POLO
Previse SkinCare continues to seed programs and initiatives that help children and adults live conscious, bio-healthy and globally focussed lives. Following our debut in Scandinavia, we were thrilled when Guards Polo Patron, Stefan Sund, asked us to sponsor Guards Polo Club. We are Previse Polo!
[gdlr_heading tag=”h2″ size=”40px” color=”#ffffff” background=”#91d549″ ]PREVISE POLO, UK[/gdlr_heading].
Guards Polo was founded on 25th January 1955 with HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, as President. Since inception the Club has grown considerably and it is now the largest polo club in Europe in terms of membership and number of grounds.
Rain or shine our Previse Polo Team continue to help us raise the very real importance of remaining bio-healthy and sustainable in our active and everyday lives. Be sure to check out the team’s stats and follow Previse Polo.
Previse Polo recently participated in the La Martina Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Centenary Trophy 2015 tournament at Guards Polo Club, England, The 15 Goal Polo Level play is one of the most competetive in the world. The next matchplay is coming in June.
Equestrian Polo [a very brief] summary…
- The object of the game is to move the polo ball down-field, hitting it through the goal for a score.
- Polo is an equestrian team sport, usually played outdoors, with four polo players on each team.
- A polo field is 300 yards long and 160 yards wide, the largest field in organized sport.
- A polo match lasts about two hours and is divided into 6 timed periods called chukkers.
- During half time, spectators go onto the field to participate in a social tradition called divot stomping.
- As an equestrian polo player your job is to stay at a gallop, get your polo pony in line with the ball, and either pass it ahead to a teammate, or carry the ball down the field for an attempt at goal.